Why Chronicle Smoothies??

Why Chronicle Smoothies? Well, because I love smoothies. And I believe that smoothies are worthy of plenty of love. And I think it's fun to experiment, and share my experience with other like-minded smoothie fanatics.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Can't Get Enough Avo

I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough.... Avocado!!! Seriously, folks, it's the most under-rated smoothie addition I've ever heard of. We need to change that! Avocados are delicious, nutty, smooth, and not to mention super-duper nutritious and also filling. All things we ask our smoothies to deliver every day, so what's the excuse? Beats me.

Try this, you'll love it, I promise.

1 small banana
1 avocado
1/2 cup balkan style yoghurt
1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup almond milk


To reduce sugar and acidity and to add protein, I've been subbing in almond milk for half of what I'd usually use in orange juice. I've experimented with water and various types of cold tea, which also work great. What do you add to your smoothie to thin it down a little? Smoothie on!

No comments:

Post a Comment