Why Chronicle Smoothies??

Why Chronicle Smoothies? Well, because I love smoothies. And I believe that smoothies are worthy of plenty of love. And I think it's fun to experiment, and share my experience with other like-minded smoothie fanatics.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pretty In Plum Plus

Ok so this might not be the most creative post I've ever made, but let's face it - sometimes the fridge just isn't that exciting. Today's smoothie is almost exactly like yesterday's smoothie, with the addition of a handful of spinach and a change of juice. In and of itself, that actually is exciting, because it just goes to show that smoothies can be totally wild and exotic, or a variation on a theme. Sometimes it's fun just to add or change one thing to a recipe to see how it affects the final product.

1 banana
1 plum
2 fennel stalks and leaves
1 apple
1 handful frozen blueberries
1/2 cup Balkan style yoghurt
1/2 cup mango orange nectar
1 handful baby spinach



In this case the mango nectar added an amazing sweetness and flavour, and the spinach brought a nice nuttiness and depth to the whole experience. I had a discussion the other day with one of my dear friends about the merits of so-called "Green Smoothies" or smoothies with the addition of veggies. Her perspective was that it was kind of like cheating, that she prefers to chew her veggies, have salads, etc. I do see her point, but after thinking about it, I came to a different conclusion. Without a green smoothie, would anyone be having a salad for breakfast? The way I see it, I am. And I think that's pretty cool. Green smoothie on!

No comments:

Post a Comment