Why Chronicle Smoothies??

Why Chronicle Smoothies? Well, because I love smoothies. And I believe that smoothies are worthy of plenty of love. And I think it's fun to experiment, and share my experience with other like-minded smoothie fanatics.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Avocado Amore

Who loves avocados? I do, I do!! When I first heard of avocados in smoothies, I wasn't exactly sold in the whole concept. Now I know that they are absolutely sensational in a smoothie, adding a really yummy nuttiness and incredible smoothness. Try this one on for size:

2 avocados
1 banana
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
3/4 cup Balkan style yoghurt
1 cup orange juice



One thing you have to remember is that the addition of avocados, while adding to the flavor and texture of your concoction, will also make it a lot thicker. You can see from the peaks, this was a thickee. I enjoyed it almost like a dessert, but to loosen it up a little either omit one avocado, or add some more liquid: oj, milk and water would all work a treat. Smoothie on!!

How was your first avocado smoothie? Let me know in the comments area below!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment